Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I Think We All Know What (Or Who) Is “Looney Tunes” Here

, , , , , , | Right | January 7, 2024

I’m working on a browser game with cute, Disney-like anthropomorphic animals.

Client: “Oh, Jesus f***, we can’t have furries in our game. This is supposed to be a kid’s game!”

Me: “Uh… well, I based these on existing character designs. What makes them more… ‘furry’… than the other ones?”

Client: “Ugh, they just feel wrong. Make them over and make them less like people.”

I do, and a few days later, I give him more animal-like characters.

Client: “Now they’re just animals wearing clothing. You can’t just put a hat on a rabbit and give it a sword; no one’s going to believe it’s a warrior. It’s just a rabbit with a hat.”

Me: “Okay. So… you want them to look more like people, then?”

Client: “Of course! They’re supposed to be animal people! Not animals in clothes!”

I remake the characters again, and they end up looking more like the original artwork.

Client: “Ick, they look way too much like furries now. Gross. Remember, this is a kid’s game. They should look more like… I don’t know. Looney Tunes.”

Me:Looney Tunes don’t match with any of the art that’s already been made, though.”

Client: “Eh, just change everything, then. Looney Tunes.”

So, I remake a bunch of art to look similar to “Looney Tunes”.

Client: “No, no, no. You can’t just have characters look like Looney Tunes; we’re going get sued for copyright infringement! What are you doing?”

Me: “You… You said to make them look like Looney Tunes…”

Client: “I would never say that. This is all wrong. Redo them. They need to look more like animals someone dressed in clothes.”

I quit shortly after.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!