Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Her Scam Could Have Gone Feta, But It’s Gouda You Caught It Anyway

, , , | Right | November 25, 2020

I am sixteen and still fairly new. It’s the breakfast shift and a customer walks in. She works at the hotel next door.

Customer: “Does [breakfast sandwich] have cheese on it?”

Not remembering correctly, I tell her no. She then continues to order said sandwich without any more comment about the cheese. After she pays and begins waiting for her food, she approaches the counter.

Customer: “You did add cheese to that, didn’t you?”

Me: “No, ma’am. You didn’t specify whether you wanted cheese added on or not.”

Customer: “Well, I should get it for free now or something since you guys messed up.”

I don’t know what to do in the situation, so I call my shift manager over to help.

Customer: “I wanted cheese added on to my breakfast sandwich but she didn’t do that.”

Manager: “The sandwich already comes with cheese on it. Did you want to add an extra slice on?”

Customer: “Oh, no. One is fine.”

The customer seemed even more unhappy after that. It wasn’t until later that I realized she was just trying to get free food from us. From that point on, I remembered which sandwiches did and did not have cheese!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!