Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Has No Problem Espresso-ing Herself

, , , | Right | November 1, 2010

(I am working as a barista in a small coffee shop in a mall, located right next to the escalators. There’s a large window between the shop and the escalators, so I can see people going up and down. I’m having a very good day and making espresso when all of a sudden the escalators stop. A very stressed woman comes running around the corner, looking very angry.)

Customer: *waving with both hands* “Will you stop that!”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Customer: “Oh, my God! I have my shopping cart in the escalators and it’s my son’s birthday! Turn it back on!”

Me: “I’m sorry, but I can’t fix the escalator. There will probably be a serviceman there any minute.”

Customer: “I saw you pressing the buttons on that machine!” *points to the espresso machine* “You were laughing and then the escalator stopped. And now my son is stuck. It’s his birthday!”

Me: “Ma’am, this is an espresso machine. It makes coffee. I laughed because I’m in a good mood. There will be someone here soon to–”

Customer: “Then make another coffee, and start it again! And wipe that smile off your face!”


This story is part of our Crazy-Coincidences roundup!

Read the next Crazy-Coincidences roundup story!

Read the Crazy-Coincidences roundup!


This story is part of our customer conspiracy theorists roundup!

Read the next customer conspiracy theorists roundup story!

Read the customer conspiracy theorists roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!