Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Giving You Her Two Cents About Her Quarter

, , , , , | Right | October 27, 2018

(A woman and her little girl want to buy two sodas and chips. This woman is making her child pay for the transaction with quarters. It’s not too big a deal. The total is $4.24, and the little girl gives me $4.00 in quarters. The mom picks up the chips and soda and begins to walk out the door. I get her attention.)

Me: “Ma’am, I still need one more quarter.”

Customer: “I know; I’m getting it.”

Me: “Well, product is not allowed to leave the store until fully paid for.”

(The lady stands outside the door for a minute and then comes in again. She approaches the counter and gives me a dirty look.)

Customer: “Did you put the money in the till yet?”

Me: “No, the transaction is not complete yet.”

Customer: *takes her money* “Give me my money back, then. I will not buy from you. You were rude to me!”

Me: “Okay.”

(I put the merchandise behind the counter and told my manager about it, and she started laughing. Stating company rules does not make me rude; it protects my store. It isn’t hard to cooperate and follow simple rules.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!