Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Feeling Firmly That Y’all Need A Bigger Sign

, , , | Working | March 29, 2023

I was on my way home when I remembered I needed to buy stamps. I would not make it to my local post office before it closed, so I searched for the nearest office and went there instead. It was in the middle of nowhere, and the only reason I knew it was a post office was that the GPS said it would be here and there was a window decal showing holiday stamps for sale.

I went through the exterior door and then the door on the right. A woman was sitting behind a desk, and I realized immediately that this was not a post office.

Woman: “Yes?”

Me: “Sorry, Google told me this was a post office.”

Woman: *With a forced smile* “Yeah, that’s the other door. There’s a sign outside saying this is [Law Firm].”

Me: “Oh. It’s huge, isn’t it?”

Woman: “It is.”

Me: “Yeah, I know that belittling tone.”

The woman stared at me.

I went back out and picked the door on the left. THIS was the post office. I got my stamps and walked back out.

When I was standing facing the two interior doors, I realized there was no big, obvious sign. There was a small placard by the door on the right — no bigger than a typical nameplate on a desk — stating that I had indeed walked into a law firm.

I walked outside, and as I got in my car, I saw that the outside of the building said several times that it was, in fact, a post office, and there was no mention of the law firm anywhere.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!