Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Entitled Mothers Versus The Rotation Of The Earth

, , , , | Right | December 31, 2023

I am working ticketing for an event on New Year’s Eve. Crowds are gathering to see the fireworks display at midnight, and to keep them occupied there is an outdoor fairground. A mother with her three young children are presenting their tickets around 7 PM.

Customer: “The fireworks aren’t until midnight! That’s like, six hours from now!”

Me: *Ignoring the incorrect math.* “Yes, ma’am. It’s the New Year’s fireworks.”

Customer: “But what about my kids? They’ll be exhausted and crabby by then!”

Me: “There are plenty of rest spots where you can—”

Customer: “Can’t you do the fireworks earlier? My kids are usually in bed by ten.”

Me: “You want us to set off the New Year’s fireworks before midnight?”

Customer: “No! Before ten! Listen!”

Me: “No, ma’am. The fireworks have been advertized for months for midnight. It’s a New Year’s celebration that is designed to take place at midnight.”

Customer: “Well that’s very inconsiderate for parents with young children! I’m going to complain to your manager!”

Me: “So, just to get this clear, you want to complain that the fireworks designed to bring in the new year, are happening when we bring in the new year?”

Customer: “Well when you put it that way you make it sound ridiculous!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!