Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Does She Do This On Buses, Too?

, , , , , , | Related | February 22, 2023

You could say my sister is sensitive, but I say she’s overdramatic. It snowed several inches over the last few days and kept falling. My sister calls to ask if I can drive her to work because she is afraid of wrecking. As I start backing out of her driveway, my backup camera alerts me that a car is coming down the road. She gasps and grabs my elbow, pulling slightly on my arm. 

Sister: “Be careful!”

Me: “I am being careful, and please don’t touch me. I need to concentrate.”

Sister: “I’m just saying you could have hit him.”

Me: “I am more likely to hit someone if you pull on my arm again.”

It’s a slow, annoying drive with her gasping at every little thing and reaching out to grab me. I tell her every time to keep her hands to herself and just be quiet so I can concentrate.

At one red light, I brake early in anticipation of my car sliding a few feet as it has done every year at this intersection. It does, and she screams, digging her fingers into my thigh so hard it pushes my leg down. Luckily, I was already on the brake and the car had stopped.

Sister: “Oh, my God, we could have died!”

Me: “We are fine.”

I grab her wrist and pull her hand off my leg, putting it back in her lap.

Me: “Sit on your hands or something.”

Sister: “Seriously, we could have been T-boned.”

Me: “Just let me drive.”

We are coming up to a light where I have the green to go straight, but a car coming from the right does not yield to the right-on-red rule.

Sister: “OH, MY GOD! STOP!”

[Sister] screams, grabs my wrist and forearm, and pulls my arm toward her, causing me to pull the steering wheel. We start swerving while I try to get her off my arm and not wreck. The car stops, thankfully without hitting anything. [Sister] is crying as I pull over to the side of the road.

Sister: “What an a**hole! Who drives like that?! He could have run right into us!”

Me: “You need to get your s*** together or I’m kicking you out right here.”

Sister: “Why?”

Me: “We almost wrecked because you can’t keep your hands to yourself!”

Sister: “I just got scared we would get hit.”

Me: “If you touch me or scream or pull any more of this dramatic bulls*** one more time, I will drag you out of this car by your f****** hair and you can find your own way. Is that understood?”

Sister: “Okay.”

I got her to work only to find out that the store had closed because of the weather. She had a voicemail on her phone, which she hadn’t listened to because she was worried about me wrecking. I told her next time she should just call out because I would not be driving her anymore.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!