Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Disloyal Foil

, , , , , | Right | May 8, 2019

I’m standing behind an idiot customer in my favorite grocery store. The staff are all very friendly, the store is clean and well-stocked, and they always have great deals and specials, providing you sign up for their loyalty card, which is free and even connects to a local gas station, so you can often save tons of money on gas, as well.

A customer has at least 25 items, all of which are on a special two-day sale where you can get everything in the sale, normally around $80, for less than $20, and requires the loyalty card to be scanned to get the price drops.

He is arguing with a cashier, calling her stupid and incompetent, before a manager can get over there. He won’t listen to a word the cashier says even though she is being very patient and kind, but shuts up immediately when the manager gets there. The manager explains everything the cashier was attempting to about the loyalty card and sale pricing, and the man happily agrees and signs up. Then, he nastily turns to the cashier and says, “I wish you could have just told me all of this without making a scene.” The manager leaves to help another cashier but gives the girl a reassuring look.

The cashier just sighs and apologizes, then offers the man the physical card for him along with the receipt.

He puts the card back on her counter, and says, “Oh, I don’t need this. I never shop here, and anyway, I will just sign up again with another fake name. This will teach your store that it’s a dumb policy to require the loyalty cards.”

He walks off, leaving not only the card but all his groceries, as well. The cashier calls the manager back over to deal with the 15 or so bags, and while we are waiting she rings in the card to see what information he put down. For his name, he was Mr. Thisisdumb Stopthis.

Seemed fitting, actually.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!