Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Crazy Golf

, , , , | Right | December 3, 2013

(To pay for university costs, I work for a small government-run golf course as a cashier. A customer in his forties enters the store.)

Me: “Hi. Welcome to [Golf Course]. How can I help you today?”

Customer: “Yeah. I’d like to play nine holes on the course with buggy hire. Thanks.”

Me: “All right. Your total comes to $30. Will you be paying in cash or by card?”

Customer: “Actually, I was hoping I could give you this, instead?”

(The customer slides a bottle of unmarked, white liquid across the table and looks at me grinning.)

Me: “Uh… sir. I don’t know what that is.”

Customer: “Oh, I make my own perfume in my bathtub! How about this bottle for my course fees?”

Me: “Sir, I must insist that you pay with currency. Perfume is not legal tender and I will not be able to balance my till otherwise.”

(The customer takes the bottle back hastily, looking as if I’d just insulted his mother.)

Customer: “You don’t want my perfume? What kind of golf course is this?!”


This story is part of our Golf roundup!

Read the next Golf roundup story!

Read the Golf roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!