Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s A Cold Case Number

, , , | Right | August 28, 2017

(A student calls and refuses to verify any information other than his name. He is angry and has asked to speak with a supervisor, but refuses to give a reason why. The call has been transferred to me by one of my agents.)

Me: “Hello, this is [My Name]. How can I help you out today?”

Caller: “WHAT WAS YOUR NAME?”

Me: “…[My Name]…?”

Caller: “WHAT IS THE CASE NUMBER FOR THIS CALL?”

Me: “Well… we haven’t created a case yet because we don’t know why you’re calling. Perhaps you can provide me with a few details as to—”

Caller: “YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS GONE COMPLETELY DOWNHILL!”

Me: “I’m… sorry… Can I ask for some details about your situation so I can better assist—”

Caller: “I WAS TOLD I WAS GOING TO GET A CASE NUMBER FOR THIS CALL!”

Me: “Well, we can’t create a case without knowing what it is you’re calling ab—”

Caller: “I NEED TO REPORT THE AGENT I WAS JUST SPEAKING TO FOR BEING RUDE!”

Me: “Well, sir, I can absolutely investigate that further, but first I need to get some more information about what happen—”

Caller: “OBVIOUSLY YOU’RE NOT GOING TO HELP ME AND YOU’RE DOING WHATEVER YOU NEED TO PROTECT YOUR LITTLE TEAM, SO I WOULD LIKE TO REPORT YOU, TOO!”

Me: “Well, I can certainly have somebody higher than me give you a call back, but AGAIN, I still haven’t gotten any information as to the reason for your ca—”

Caller: “HAVE A SUPERVISOR GET BACK TO ME WITH THE CASE NUMBER FOR THIS CALL!”

Me: “The… case number… that we are supposed to create… without knowing why we’re creating it?”

Caller: “BECAUSE OF POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! HOW’S THAT?”

Me: *after an extended pause* “Sure. We’ll get that to you.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!