Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Cai-llou Sure Knew How To Handle That!

, , , , | Related | March 8, 2024

When I was a kid, my brother and I won a free trip to [Large Amusement Park] through a youth group we attended, along with a couple of other kids. The trip only paid for us kids and our two chaperones, not our parents. My mom was very nervous because she was afraid of flying, and her kids would be taking four flights across three days, as well as going to a different country.

Obviously, none of the planes crashed, and we both returned home fine. However, as soon as I got into the car and my mom asked how the trip went, the first thing I told her was:

Me: “I got lost for fifteen minutes!”

Mom: “WHAT?!”

I explained. What had happened was that I accidentally walked ahead of our group and got separated, and the others didn’t notice until after they’d gotten on a sort of trolly ride to another section of the park. Luckily, I knew just what to do. I stayed where I was, looked for the nearest employee, and told them I was lost. They helped me locate an adult wearing the same branded shirts as we were from the organization paying for the trip. They were able to contact my chaperone and tell him where I was.

Mom: “How did you know how to do all that?”

Me: *Proudly* “Because I watch Caillou!”

Yes, a kid’s show that I’ve learned is greatly hated on the Internet was the thing that taught me what to do when I was lost. As much as I agree with some of the criticism, my family has always had good things to say about the show since then!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!