Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Bunny’s Billions

, , , , | Right | May 31, 2020

A woman walks up to the register with her daughter and one thing of stickers. I ring her up and ask her for her money, and she hands me three dollars. All of them feel like regular dollars, so I don’t look at them until I’m putting them in the till. Then, I pause. Someone has taken the third dollar and defaced Washington off of it with a rabbit, and replaced all the places that it says, “One dollar,” with, “Bunny Bucks,” making it so defaced it isn’t legal tender anymore.

Me: “Uh… ma’am? This dollar isn’t legal tender.”

I hold it up for her to see. She makes an exasperated noise and rips it out of my hand to stuff it back into her wallet.

Customer: “NOT AGAIN! They gave me one and I thought it wouldn’t happen again. This is ridiculous; I’m going to have to talk to someone.”

She pulls another dollar out and shoves it into my hand. I put it in the drawer andgive her her change and receipt in her bag. She grabs it and her daughter and proceeds to storm out of the store.

Customer: “Come on, let’s go!”

I pause, and then I call on my headset because it is too good not to share.

Me: “Someone just tried to pay me in a dollar that had been turned into a ‘Bunny Buck.’”

Manager: *Pause* “Really?”

Me: “Really.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!