Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Baby Showering You With Returns

, , , , | Right | May 6, 2024

Customer: “I got some stuff from my baby shower registry that I had with you guys. I got a bunch of stuff I don’t actually need, and a bunch of repeats, so I’m here to return it.”

Me: “Do you have receipts?”

Customer: “Duh! No, they were gifts!”

Me: “What’s the registry name?”

Customer: “So, here’s the thing. I never actually set up an official registry with you guys, I just made a list from your store.”

That would explain how she got some repeat gifts.

Me: “So, no registry and no receipt? If that’s the case, I can attempt an ID return for you.”

I run an ID (no-receipt) return for her. She’s already maxed out on what she can return without a receipt.

Me: “It looks like you’ve already returned two $200 car seats without a receipt at another location.”

Customer: “Yeah, so?”

Me: “It means you’re maxed out for now.”

Customer: “That’s so awkward! Can I return it under your ID?”

Me: “Uh… no. I’m not comfortable doing that.”

Customer: “It’s not like it’s costing you anything!”

Me: “That’s technically fraud, ma’am.”

Customer: “Whatever. Just use my boyfriend’s ID. I got a picture of it on my phone.”

Me: “That won’t work either; he needs to be here.”

Customer: “You’re making this so awkward!”

Me: “Any chance you could ask your friends for a gift receipt?”

Customer: *High-pitched squeal* “tHaT’s So AwKwArD!”

Me: “Then I can’t help you unless you want to return for store credit.”

Customer: “Ugh! That’s so awkward. Why are you making this so awkward?”

Me: “I assure you it isn’t me doing it.”

She storms off in a huff. She is back a few hours later with her mother and her ID.

Customer: “Here, can I return this now?”

Customer’s Mother: “Wait. Didn’t I buy this gift for you and the baby?”

Customer: “…”

Customer’s Mother: “…”

Me: “…awkward.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!