Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Awww, Not A Morning Person?

, , , , , | Right | September 22, 2023

I am on the customer service line for my large retail store.

Caller: “I ordered [item] yesterday, and I want to come in to collect it. How late are you open?”

She did order it yesterday, but just before close, so the item will arrive tomorrow.

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but I am looking at the system and your order won’t be in until the store opens tomorrow.”

Realistically, the deliveries show up at 5:00 am, but the business opens at 6:30.

Caller: “No! I want to pick it up tonight!”

Me: “It will be ready for pickup tomorrow, ma’am.”

Caller: “That’s very disappointing! I expect you to call me as soon as the item has been delivered.”

Me: “Yes, ma’am.”

Caller: “As soon as it’s delivered! If you delay me any further, I will complain!”

Me: “As soon as it’s delivered, ma’am?”

Caller: “Yes! Delivered! Can’t you understand English?”

Me: “Loud and clear, ma’am.”

Caller: “Hmm… We’ll see.”

The next day, at 5:00 am on the dot, I’m making a phone call back to the original caller.

Caller: *Very groggy, after about five rings* “Hello?”

Me: “Hi, this is [My Name] calling from [Store] to let you know the item you ordered has arrived and is ready for pickup at your earliest convenience once we open.”

Caller: “What f****** time is it?!”

Me: “Five in the morning, ma’am. The item has just been delivered, and I am calling you as you so clearly instructed yesterday. We open at 6:30 am.” 

She just hung up. That was yesterday, and her order is still waiting for her to pick it up.

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!