Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Are You Sure You Were Calling The Right Number?

, , , | Right | September 20, 2021

I work for a software company in the billing department. I am the only person that manages the billing for all of our customers. If someone has a billing problem, it comes to me and no one else. My phone rings and I answer it.

Customer: “I need to switch my payment method on file. I tried to update the card with your support team because no one in billing ever answers my phone calls. In fact, I’m surprised I got you on the phone because no one ever answers in billing.”

Me: “I’m sorry to hear that, ma’am. Our support team is unable to update payment methods, but I am happy to help today! Can you please confirm the last four numbers of the card you would like to use for your monthly billing?”

Customer: “It’s the [card] ending in [number].” 

Me: “All right, ma’am, I’ve got that updated for you! Is there anything else I can do for you?

Customer: “No, that’s all, thank you. I’m just surprised someone in billing actually answered. You never answer.” *Hangs up*

I looked up her account after. The last time she called billing was two years ago. I answered.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!