Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Tale Of Dying And Dyeing

, , , , , , | Working | May 8, 2024

My mother passed away after a half-year-long battle with lung cancer. The memorial was being held on Easter weekend, and my aunt offered to pay to get my hair done since family was coming in and we wanted to look nice. I should note that I’d recently gotten my hair cut to shoulder length, so it was rather short.

The stylist was nice, and we talked a bit while she did my hair. I mentioned why I was getting my hair done and that I was grateful something was open at the last minute.

But my opinion of the stylist drastically changed when I got my receipt and saw that I was being charged for a conditioner I hadn’t asked for and was charged separately from the hair coloring. I mentioned this, and the cashier said it was optional, but she did it without asking since it would “hold my color longer”. I made her remove it and went home…

Only to notice that I hadn’t seen her charging me for having long hair! Sadly, I couldn’t go back and demand the money from her as it was closed, and the following day was the memorial service for my mother.

Not only did she charge me for having long hair (even though my hair was only shoulder-length) and tried to charge me for some conditioning thing that she’d never asked me about, but my hair dye bled out and stained my pillowcases and several towels as the dye ran out every time I showered for several weeks!

I would’ve reported her to her manager, but I couldn’t remember her name and was far too busy in the following weeks dealing with my mother’s death and helping my family. But still, I will never go back to that salon after that!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!