Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Sign Of The Customers’ Minds

, , , , , | Right | CREDIT: cynical-mage | August 18, 2023

I have just pressed my button to close my till, which turns the light from green to red, as well as announcing across the tannoy that “Till [number] is now closed; we’d be happy to serve you at another.” I have one customer that I am finishing up with, and there is one left behind him. Three other tills are still open.

Another customer comes up and starts unloading onto the belt.

Me: “Excuse me, sir. This till is now closed.”

Customer: *Quite snippy* “Well, how am I supposed to know that?”

Me: *Pointing at the various lights* “When a till is closed, the light is red, but if you look, the green ones indicate that the till is open and available to serve you.”

Customer: *Snapping angrily* “You expect me to look at signs for myself?!”

At this, the gentleman I am still serving actually barks out laughing.

Me: “Well, I mean, generally, in life, yes, we should be able to read signs? I honestly don’t know what you want me to tell you.”

At that, my customer doubled over in fits of laughter, which caused the angry one to snatch up his shopping and storm off.

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!