Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It May Be Sunday, But Based On This Conversation, It’s Also Groundhog Day

, , , , | Right | August 18, 2023

It is Sunday. We are closed for the day, yet I’m cleaning inside. The phone goes off, and I automatically receive the call.

Caller: “Hello? Is this [Our Store]?”

Me: “Yes, it is. I’m sorry, but we’re closed for today.”

Caller: “Oh? But your website said you were open.”

Me: “The page must be old; we don’t open on Sundays anymore.”

Caller: “But the website said that you are.”

Me: “I can assure you that we are closed.”

Caller: “Why are you there, then? Surely you’d only be there if you were open?”

Me: “No, I’m cleaning the shop to get it ready for tomorrow. I’m sorry, but there’s nothing I can do for you until we are open.”

Caller: “But I’m just outside [Our Store]. Can I just pop in to grab some stuff? I’ll be quick.”

Me: “No can do. We are closed today.”

Caller: “Oh, please, I won’t be long.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but no.”

Caller: “Oh, for f***’s sake! I’ve just driven halfway across town to come here! Just let me in!”

Me: “No, I will not. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have some tidying to do. Good day.”

I hang up.

A few minutes later, I see the woman walking up to the window. She looks really angry and annoyed. The door is locked, thankfully, so she just bangs on the glass. I calmly walk up to the door and open it.

Me: “Yes?”

Customer: “Look, don’t waste my time. I just want to grab [product] from inside. I won’t take long at all!”

Me: “I’ve told you this multiple times: no. But you do realise that you can get [product] from [Shop] over there?”

I point to a shop just across the road.

Customer: “Really?! Well, why didn’t you say so? Thank you. See? That wasn’t too hard, was it? You could have told me that ages ago.”

Me: “Ma’am, you didn’t mention that you were buying [product], so I didn’t think to tell you.”

Customer: “Well, still, you should have been paying attention. Anyway, I can assure you that I am never coming back to this shop. The service is terrible!”

Me: “We are closed today! How many times do I have to repeat myself?”

Customer: “But your website said you were open!”

Me: *Finally losing it* “Oh, my God!”

This could go on for a long time.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!