Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Different Kind Of Proposition For You

, , , , , | Right | January 29, 2024

It is November 2016, and our state has just passed Proposition 64, which legalizes the recreational use of marijuana. A customer has been wandering around our grocery store for the last fifteen minutes and hasn’t picked anything up. He finally approaches me, looking confused.

Customer: “Where’s all your weed at?”

Me: “Our… weed?”

He makes a smoking gesture.

Me: “Oh! Weed! We don’t sell that, sir. I don’t think we can.”

Customer: “Bulls***! Didn’t you hear the news? It’s all legal now!”

I am suddenly aware of the strong smell coming off of this guy, which indicates he’s not the kind of person who waited until Proposition 64 to suddenly take up smoking weed.

Me: *Taking a step back* “I’m no expert, but I think you have to go to a specially licensed store to buy legal weed. You’re not going to get that from a regular grocery store.”

Customer: “But you sell regular cigarettes, don’t ya?”

Me: “We do.”

Customer: “Well then, that’s discrimination! You’re discriminating against my legal right to light up!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, that’s just the law.”

Customer: “Well… can you sell me any of yours?”

Me: “Of… mine?”

Customer: “Yeah… your personal stash?”

Me: “Sir, I don’t smoke weed. I don’t smoke anything. And if I did, I certainly wouldn’t be allowed to sell you any while I am at my job!”

Customer: “You’re no help! I should complain!”

Me: “Yeah, complain to my boss that I’m not dealing drugs on the clock.”

The customer grumbled and finally left.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!