Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #249735

, , , , | Unfiltered | December 17, 2021

*When I was in 8th grade, I dislocated my shoulder while at a gymnastics meet. After things were determined that I was seriously in trouble (my shoulder had popped out and dropped about 6 inches), my mom got my arm wrapped in an ace bandage and ice on my shoulder, they get me into the car and to Urgent Care. We get in and I get seen by a doctor. Keep in mind that I’m not only in pain, I’m still in a gymnastics leotard with very visible dent where my shoulder is supposed to be*

Doctor: Ok, let’s take a look at things here. *Starts poking where my shoulder is supposed to be* Does this hurt?

Me: Not really

Doctor: Ok, what about this? *Moves down to where my shoulder actually is and pokes around*

Me: Yes, very much!

Doctor: *Looks at my parents* Ok, well it doesn’t look like she’s dislocated anything. It actually looks like she’s broken her humerus.

*Parents side-eye each other and my mom start trying to communicate telepathically with my dad to get me out of there*

Doctor continues: However, I do want to get her x-rayed just to be safe

*Go through the process of getting me x-rayed and wouldn’t ya know it? I’ve got a dislocated shoulder.*

Doctor: Oh, huh. Well, I’m going to have to send you to the ER. They’ll have better medication to give her. I’ll give her a little something here to help and we’ll call ahead.

*I get dosed with Demerol and we get into the car and end up at the ER. We walk in and they get me checked in, on some morphine and into a gurney in the hallway. At this point, I checked out for most of the rest of things. I vaguely remember my mom getting annoyed and getting them to move me out of the hallway after an hour. They moved me to a bed behind a curtain in an emptyish wing where they hook me up to morphine and give me another dose of the Demerol. I was mostly checked out previously but when those drugs got onboard, I was quite happy. After getting me hooked up, they left me alone for another little bit, long enough that my mom got annoyed and went hunting down help*

Mom: *walks up to a nurses station where a couple of them are just standing around* Hi, so we’re back there and I know this isn’t necessarily something like a gunshot wound, but my daughter is 14 and scared and in pain. Do you think you could help her out?

*Flurry of activity as nurses and the doctor descend on my bed. Within a few minutes, they’d reduced my shoulder. I of course immediately put my arms over my head and was promptly tied into a sling*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!