Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #187071

, , | Unfiltered | February 27, 2020

(We sell an uncooked bean mix for people to cook for their birds. It’s in a bulk bin, so customers can fill up plastic bags and buy it by the pound. My boss was on hold with the credit card company, so she asked me to ring up a man at the counter. I go to grab the full bag of beans he’d put down, and before he could say anything, half the bag poured out all over the counter, the register, the floor. He hadn’t secured the bag with a twist tie.)
Me: You didn’t use a tie?
Customer: There were none!
Me: They’re right next to the bags.
Customer: Oh, I didn’t see them, I’m sorry!
(I hand the half-full bag back to the customer)
Me: Here, why don’t you go fill this up again.
(The customer did so and this time used a tie. I managed to clear the register off enough to ring him up. He felt really bad and kept apologizing)
Customer: Man, when I make a mess, I really make a mess.
Me: It’s okay, these things happen.
(After he left I had to pull out the register and everything on the counter to clean up the beans. We’re used to messes, but this one was pretty bad. I finally decided to make a sizable sign to put on the box of twist ties seeing as he was not the first customer to miss that they were right in front of him. We had just never had such a mess occur due to their oversight.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!