Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #148196

, , | Unfiltered | April 29, 2019

(I work in the outlet store for a fairly well-known clothing brand. We have recently gotten rid of our AAA membership discount which basically only gets rid of tax. We also do not work on commission nor do we track sales by employee.)

Customer: (buying one item under $20.00) “…And I’ve got my AAA card for my discount.”

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry, but we actually stopped giving that discount at the beginning of the month.”

Customer: ” Really? That discount was one of my favorite membership perks. ”

Me: ” I’m sorry about that.”

Customer: “And you guys are still listed in the AAA discount listing…”

Me: “I’m sorry, but like I said, we just stopped offering that discount at the beginning of the month and our computers no longer accept that it.”

Customer: “Well then I’ll just leave it. ”

Customer: (angrily) ” Actually, I do want it. But I don’t want you to ring me out.”

Customer: (as I’m about to call for my back-up ringer) “And I want to keep my hanger”

Me: “I’m sorry, but we actually reuse our hangers and we aren’t allowed to give them away. ”

Customer: (even more angry) “Just leave it then.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!