Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #123391

, , , | Unfiltered | October 9, 2018

A problem I tend encounter with customers on a daily basis is coupons. Most customers understand our policies and don’t get too greedy or argue. Since it is the age of technology our coupons are accessible through smart phone devices and e-mail. The only problem that results in this is that customers fail to pull up the coupon and believe that by just showing me the advertisement it makes them qualified for the coupons. Since you are a customer it is your responsibility to come up to the register prepared with a coupon either that was cut and printed or from the smart phone with a scannable bar code.(If your coupon is taking to long to load, then and only then am I allowed to manually input the coupon.) In addition, another problem that I encounter is my other co-workers, who give every customer an automatic coupon; which is against our policy and really messes up our system when the coupons scanned that day don’t match up with what we have.

me: Hi, did you find everything okay.

customer: yeah

I start scanning her items, when all of sudden she begins yelling at me.

Customer: ” I’M NOT GETTING THOSE! Look I’m in a rush, because I’m late for work here’s my coupon.”

me:” I’m sorry I can’t accept that I have to actually be able to scan it.”

customer: “You have all those coupons right there can’t you scan it.”

I notice she see’s the barcodes of certain discounts. I tried telling her twice these are not the coupons from online but instead specialized coupons that can not be accredited to her purchase. (These coupons are for AARP members, employees, military and educators)

customer: “What are you talking about I was here yesterday and they scanned one of the coupons.”

I assume she’s thinking that those coupons taped to my register were one of the coupons my co-workers must have given out. Again I try to explain and tell her that it against store policy to give out other people’s coupons, but she will not listen and she cuts me off and begins rambling. She finally pulls up the coupon and leaves. I thought this was the last time I would see her, and then she comes in the next day. She’s returning the item she bought yesterday and is talking on the phone. I go to another desk to bring over a stapler  to staple her receipts.  I start multi-tasking by refiling the stapler with staples and handing her the receipt. She says thank you and I just murmur uh huh ( I’m trying to fix the stapler).
She then says: “Excuse me what did you just say?”
Confused my her question, repeated the scenario leading up to the part where I said uh huh.

customer: “Uh huh as in what.”

me: “As in you’re welcome?”

customer: “She then turns around murmuring to herself uh, huh, you’re welcome and so forth.”

This situation made me feel like crap for days because she made me believe that I did something wrong, but I realize now I didn’t do anything wrong, because I was only doing my job. So moral of the story is never let customers make you feel guilty based on their selfish, intolerant, and willfully ignorant attitude and behavior.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!