Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

10 Stories About Working Women Who Had To Deal With Sexists On The Job

| Right | February 18, 2021

Dear readers,

Seeing women in the workplace shouldn’t be a shocking thing, but sadly, this still seems to be the case for a lot of guys who still think it’s the 1950s. Especially so in classically male-dominated industries, women usually have to work much harder to be taken as seriously as men, and even then it might not be enough. It seems women just can’t escape their biology!

We’ve recently (and sadly) published our tenth story in the “Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries” series. Since today is “Introduce A Girl To Engineering Day,” (and it’s an unfortunate thing that such a day is even needed), we’ve decided to round up those ten stories, so we can all be reminded of what many women go through to survive each workday.

 

Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 10 – This is like calling a library and looking for someone in the book department.

Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 9 – Sexist customers are a little easier to stomach when your coworkers have your back.

Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 8 – I’d have carried his bags straight back downstairs and let him get them himself. (This is why I don’t work in customer service.)

Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 7 – “Oh, I know Mac. Like mac and cheese that I make for my husband and children at precisely six-oh-five every night!”

Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 6 – It’s disgusting that we have to share this planet with someone this stupid and bigoted.

Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 5 – The misogyny is coming from inside the house.

Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 4 – Hits from the comments: “Yes, I’ve double-checked my job description, and I am indeed an engineer.”

Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 3 – Hits from the comments: “Admitting a mistake like that Mustang a bit.”

Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 2 – Just because you’re clueless, lady, it doesn’t mean all women are.

Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries – I’m so impressed with the level of professionalism here. I’d have hecked this up big-time.

 

We hope you found this Sexism in the Workplace-themed roundup interesting and informative! Want to send in your own story? Submit your story here!


Some other roundups to check out if you liked this one:

23 True Stories Of Misogynists Being Beautifully Reminded It’s The 21st Century

 

14 Times Video Game Store Employees Had To Fight Bad Boss Customers

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!