Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You’re Not In Training, But They Should Be

, , , , , | Working | September 9, 2019

(I am about twelve and I am quite “developed.” My mother is taking me shopping for a bra. As we do not have a lot of funds, she takes me to the local hypermarket.)

Mom: *walks up to service counter in clothes department* “Is there any way we could have somebody come over and help us look for a particular size bra?”

Employee: “Yes, I’ll call someone over.”

Mom: “Thanks.”

(We wait with our items until another employee shows up to help us.)

Employee: “Hello, ladies. I’m [Employee]. What can I help you with?”

Mom: “Ah, yes, we are looking for a bra in [size] for my daughter.”

Employee: “Well, she does look quite young. Are you sure she is ready for bras quite yet?”

Mom: “Yes, she has been wearing bras for a few years now. As you can see, she is quite developed.”

Employee: “I see. Well, come with me.”

(We follow her, and she takes us up to a display of what are obviously training bras.)

Employee: “Here you are! Now, getting used to wearing bras can be quite difficult, so I suggest wearing these ones here—”

Mom: “Um, ma’am? We aren’t looking for training bras; we are just looking for [size] for my daughter.”

Employee: “Oh, no, no, no. She needs to get used to wearing one of these first!”

Mom: “She has already been wearing them for quite a while now; I don’t think we will be needing those.”

Employee: “Of course; you will! Getting used to—”

(I cut in.)

Me: “Miss, you aren’t listening. I stopped wearing training bras when I was ten. I’ve been wearing regular bras for two years now. We know what we are talking about. Besides, I don’t think any of those would fit, anyway.” *gestures to my chest*

Employee: *looking shocked* “Well, I… I…”

Me: “Now, if you would kindly show us where we can find [size], that would be great.”

(The employee proceeded to take us to the proper section, giving my mother dirty looks the whole time. Honestly, the nerve of some people!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!