Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Your Fling With A Mask Means We Fling Your Groceries

, , , , | Right | May 4, 2021

I’m grocery shopping at a store where the cashiers scan your items into a cart and you bag them yourself. I’m wearing my mask, as required by the store and a statewide mask mandate, while the woman behind me is not. The cashier scans my groceries at the normal pace I’d expect, and I head over to the bagging counter as she starts scanning the items of the maskless lady behind me. I notice the cashier scans and tosses the items into the cart as fast as she possibly can, to the obvious annoyance of the woman.

Customer: “Can you stop flinging my groceries into the cart?!”

Cashier: *In a tone suggesting she is well beyond caring* “I’m the manager of this store, and I implemented a new policy yesterday which is if you’re not wearing a mask, I don’t care about your groceries. I want you out of my store.”

I finished my bagging and left the store laughing, so I don’t know what sort of fit the customer started throwing after that, but man, to live every retail worker’s dream, if only for a moment!


This story is part of our Best Of May 2021 roundup!

Read the next Best Of May 2021 roundup story!

Read the Best Of May 2021 roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!