Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

“You Should Have All Of Google Memorized!” And Other Customer Complaints

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: Peptoplasm | June 18, 2023

Lately, in my state, we’ve been having some snowy weather that isn’t usual for the area. I’ve had a lot of guests come in and ask me to give them a detailed, off the top of my head weather report for various locations around my state several times.

Me: “I don’t know. Let me look it up.”

Guest: *Rolling their eyes.* “No thanks, I can look it up myself!”

I finally ask a customer who does this to me today:

Me: “Out of curiosity, how is it that you expect me to know these things without looking it up?”

Guest: “You should know by asking everybody before us where they had come from and what the conditions are like, and by watching the morning weather forecast. Are you a local?”

Me: “Yes, but I don’t understand how being a local makes me intuitively understand what the weather is like fifty miles from me off the top of my head.”

Guest: “We were just expecting someone with local flavor, I guess you don’t have any.”

Me: “I guess I don’t.”

People do this same thing with restaurant opening and closing times. I have no idea what world people are living in where they think because I live here, I know when Big Bubbas Burger Bungalo closes on a Monday, and are actively disappointed in me when I google it.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!