Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Can’t Zoom In On A T-Shirt Anyway

, , , , , | Right | January 25, 2023

I work for a screen print shop. People send us their logos, and before we go to print, our designer makes a quick digital mockup to show the clients how their designs will look on a shirt.

A client sent us their company’s logo, and we sent them back the proof. The client called within a minute.

Client: *Sounding a little unhappy* “Hi. Yeah, the proof you sent us? Um, it looks okay, but when I zoom in, it’s really pixelated.”

Me: “Correct. We sent you a jpeg; all jpegs look pixelated when you zoom in.”

Client: “Right, but… Well, I guess what I’m saying is… will the shirts look like that once they’re printed?”

Me: “No.”

Client: “Because this is the proof of how they’ll turn out.”

Me: “No, screen printing requires very precise lines. This is just to give you an idea of how the logo will look once it’s on the shirt. We used the design we were initially sent, but if there’s a different one we should be using…”

Client: *Not convinced in the least* “You know, we had a graphic designer actually do a whole mock-up of it already, exactly the way it should look. I’ll just send you that.”

The designer’s mock-up was, of course, a jpeg of their logo on a shirt. She must not have zoomed in that time.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!