Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Can’t Have A Discount Just Because You Want One

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: halo-theriault | April 14, 2022

I’m up at the cash trying to figure out something and a man walks up to me with a pair of shoes.

Man: “Excuse me. Do you give a discount if this is the last one on the shelf?”

Me: “No, sorry.”

He walks away, and I hear his wife start complaining to him that we should be giving a discount. She then turns to me.

Woman: “Hey! You guys really should be giving discounts if it’s the last one.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but we don’t. It’s not something we have ever done.”

Woman: “But it’s something that you’re supposed to do in marketing.”

Me: “I’m sorry. I’ve been here for almost three years and I’ve never seen anyone do that.”

Woman: “You do understand that it’s something done in marketing, though, right? Are you the manager?”

Me: “No, but I can go get her.”

Woman: “Yeah, do that, ‘cause it’s something done in marketing, so you guys—”

I cut her off from rambling on again so I can walk away to get my manager.

Me: “Yes! Okay. I understand. I’m grabbing my manager.”

Woman: “Okay, okay. I know I’m being a jerk.”

I find my manager in the back corner of the store talking to the assistant manager, and I explain to them what just happened.

Manager: “That’s not something we do or have ever done. I would know; I’ve been here for over thirty years!”

The assistant manager went to deal with the couple since the manager was up on a ladder and the assistant manager has the most patience for customers like these.

He walked up to the couple, listened to the woman’s whole speech about how they should get a discount, said, “No,” and then walked back to what he was working on.

The woman and her husband stomped around the store for around fifteen more minutes trying to find different shoes and complaining about how we should give them a discount.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!