Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Can Scrap Your Evening Plans

, , , , | Right | May 7, 2024

Our store has a policy telling everyone who comes in half an hour before closing how much time is left. We send out multiple pages every five minutes, but we aren’t allowed to close the doors prior to closing time or kick people out.

It’s been slow toward the end of the night as a major storm is rolling in and is supposed to hit around closing time. This lady walks in with three minutes to spare.

Shift Lead: “Hi, ma’am. Just so you’re aware, we close in three minutes.”

Customer: “I know exactly what I’m looking for; I’ll only be a moment.”

To give her credit, she does walk directly over to the scrapbooking aisle and start picking things up right away. She grabs several scrapbooking kits (the boxes with everything you need for an event or theme) and sets them down on the floor at the end of the aisle.

Shift Lead: “Is there anything we can help you find? Are looking for something particular?”

Customer: “No.”

Shift Lead: “Can we carry these up front for you?”

Customer: “No. I know exactly what I’m looking for.”

She gathered about eighteen of these kits and proceeded to sit in the middle of the main aisle with them spread out in a semi-circle around her as she read the details on the back and inspected each one closer.

We didn’t get to leave before the storm hit, and the shift lead had to explain to the manager why we closed almost an HOUR late.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!