Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When They Keep Blocking Your Advice

, , , , | Right | April 25, 2023

We have a page on our website where you can print a [Shipping Company] label to ship used printer cartridges to a recycling center with no shipping charges.

Me: “Thank you for calling [Company]. This is [My Name]. How can I help you?”

Caller: “I’m on your website, and I’m trying to print a recycling label, but nothing happens.”

Me: “I’m so sorry to hear that. Let’s see what we can do to get that label printed for you. You’re clicking the yellow button that says, ‘Download Prepaid Shipping Label,’ correct?”

Caller: “Yes, and nothing happens.”

Me: “Do you have a popup blocker on your device?”

Caller: “I don’t know.”

Me: “Do you have an IT department or someone else in your office you can check with? The label opens as a popup tab and if you have a popup blocker, that’s probably blocking it.”

She is calling on behalf of a company account, so it is not unreasonable for her to not know off the top of her head, nor for me to presume that the company had IT people, or at least a go-to computer person in the office.

Caller: “But nothing’s popping up.”

Me: “Yes, I understand, but if you have a popup blocker, that would block the label from popping up. Is there som—”

Caller: *Interrupts* “Nothing’s popping up. I click on the yellow button and nothing happens.”

Me: “Yes, normally the label would pop up, but if you have a popup blocker, it would stop the label from popping.”

Caller: “Oh, a popup blocker. I don’t know if I have one.”

Me: “Is there someone you can check wi—”

Caller: *Interrupts* “Yeah, I think so.” *Click*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!