Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When They Go 30,000 Feet Above And Beyond

, , , , , | Right | July 15, 2023

A few years ago, my hubby and I were at the airport waiting for our flight. It was delayed/cancelled due to mechanical problems. The airline counter staff were being screamed at by almost everyone, and we could tell that they were pretty upset. Our turn at the counter arrived

Airline Staff: “We’re incredibly sorry, but the soonest we can get you on a flight is tomorrow.”

While we were not happy to have our vacation delayed and have to pay for a non-day at our resort, we tell her:

Us: “That’s fine; we know you’re trying your best here. We apologize for our fellow passengers; we heard some of them being complete jerks.”

Airline Staff: *Genuinely surprised and relieved* “…thank you.”

We started laughing and joking with her and her coworkers, and they all really seemed to appreciate it.

We stood in a separate group of people that were being sorted for airport hotel accommodations for overnight delayed passengers. We saw the airline staff we’d just spoken to looking at us, talking among themselves, and then looking at something on their computer. One of them came over to us.

Airline Staff: *Quietly* “If you could come with me, please. We just need to iron out some further details.”

We go back over to their desk.

Airline Staff: “We have just been made aware of two available last-minute cancellation seats for a flight in two hours. We can get you booked on to those?”

Obviously, we took those, and when we got our replacement tickets, we could see that they were upper class! She then proceeded to walk us over to the other counter and even personally ensured that our bags were checked with the new airline!

Karma can also be of the good (awesome) kind if you treat people with respect and kindness!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!