Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We’re Category-Five Closed!

, , , , | Right | February 8, 2020

(I work in a physical therapy office. This week we have had a snowstorm come through our town. It is not major but bad enough to cause all shops to close on Monday in our area. My IT guy has taken over our voicemail to say, “Thank you for calling [Company]. Our office is currently closed due to the weather. Please leave your message and we will get back to you upon opening tomorrow morning at 8:00 am.” We do open the next day like planned. Halfway through my day, I get the following phone call:)

Me: “Thank you for calling [Company]. My name is [My Name]. How may I help you today?”

Client: “Hi. Yeah. I tried calling your office yesterday to see if you were open, but the phone went straight to a recording saying that you were closed. So, were you open yesterday?”

Me: *silent as I am stunned* 

Client: “Hello? Was your office open yesterday?”

Me: “Um, sir, no, we were closed. That’s why the recording stated as such.”

Client: “Oh. Well, I wish you would have made it a little more obvious. I showed up for my appointment yesterday and saw that the office was dark. Thanks for nothing!” *hangs up*

Me: *bangs head on desk*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!