Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Tried To Lie But You’re Inn Too Deep

, , , , , , | Right | September 15, 2023

I am working at the check-in desk at a four-star hotel in downtown San Francisco.

Customer: “How much for a room tonight? Cheapest rate?”

Me: “Tonight it would be $200, ma’am.”

Customer: “What?! That’s crazy money! Get me your manager!”

Luckily, my manager is right next to me, and they take over immediately.

Manager: “$200 is the cheapest rate we can offer for tonight, ma’am.”

Customer: “That’s double what I paid last time! I demand a cheaper rate!”

Manager: “Ma’am, you got a room here for $100 a night last time? Can I please ask where you made that booking? That is an amazing deal!”

Customer: “I can’t remember! It doesn’t matter!”

Manager: “It’s just that you’ve already received a very competitive rate based on [series of discounts], so to get a price half of even that is incredible! I simply have to know! There might even be something illegal and disingenuous going on if a third-party site is offering rooms to this hotel that cheap. When was your last stay here, ma’am?”

Customer: “Well… maybe it wasn’t half, but it was a lot cheaper!”

Manager: *Looking it up on the system* “It looks like you stayed here in May last year, ma’am?”

Customer: “Maybe… I can’t remember.”

Manager: “That’s what we have you down as, ma’am. And it looks like you paid at $350 a night, and we even managed to give you a free upgrade to the corner suite!”

Customer: “I… Well… It was still too expensive!”

Manager: “So, will you be taking the room for $200 a night?”

Customer: “Yes, but I’m not happy about it!”

Manager: “Very good, ma’am. Have a good stay!”

She was just as sour at checkout as she was at check-in.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!