Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Totally Scentsless

, , , , , | Right | January 23, 2012

(I work in a store that sells lotions, soaps, and candles with different scents. Recently, one of the companies we carry had a new line of lotion that was named after fruits: strawberry, apple, and banana scented lotion. To promote the new line, we have a few jars of each scent on a table at the front with a tongue depressor in each jar so that customers could easily scoop out a little lotion to try. I’m stocking a shelf when an angry customer walks up.)

Me: “Is there anything I can help you with, sir?”

Customer: “I’m very angry with the product in this store. Are you trying to kill someone?”

Me: “I’m sorry? What’s the problem?”

Customer: “That yogurt you have up front is not even cold, and it tastes horrible.”

Me: “Yogurt? We don’t sell yogurt.”

Customer: “Yes, you do. It’s on the little table up front with a spoon to taste it. The banana tastes like garbage and the strawberry doesn’t have any taste.”

Me: “Sir, those are lotions, not yogurt.”

(The customer gets a little flustered after realizing their mistake.)

Customer: “You should really label it as lotion. It’s confusing!”

Me: “It is labeled. See?”

(I show the customer the huge sign on the table that says “lotion” as well as each individual fragrance saying “lotion” on the jar.)

Customer: *leaves, mumbling*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!