Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Tipped Over The Edge

| Working | January 8, 2015

(At work I often order takeout from a restaurant across the street. My boss asks me to bring the receipt so that she can claim it for taxes.)

Boss: *looking at the receipt* “Oh, my god, [My Name], why would you tip that amount?!”

Me: “What?”

Boss: *shoves the receipt in my face* “You tipped 5 dollars on a 10 dollar meal!”

Me: *pushes away the receipt* “So?

Boss: “You shouldn’t tip that amount. That’s, like, 50%”

Me: “Well, I always tip that amount at [Restaurant].”

Boss: *staring at me in disbelief* “But it is so much!. Besides, the person who gave you the food didn’t even serve you.”

Me: “Well, I personally know the people who own the restaurant, so I like to show my support and also, most restaurants pay their waiters below minimum wage, because the tips they make by waiting tables usually make up for it.”

Boss: “But the girl who served you doesn’t wait tables.”

Me: “Um, I am pretty sure she does. [Restaurant Owner] trains most of his staff for everything, and I have seen her waiting on tables before.”

Boss: “Oh, well, still, you shouldn’t tip that much.”

(The boss then leaves the room. My coworker, who was also on lunch, was sitting beside me during this conversation and never said a word.)

Coworker: “Um, didn’t [Boss] say that she was a waitress before she became a dog groomer?”

Me: “Yes… Yes, she did. I guess she never received many tips.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!