Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Time To Pony Up To Your Bad Behavior

| Working | January 9, 2015

(I walk up to the register at a comic book store. I am a 23-year-old man buying My Little Pony comics for my 12-year-old niece’s birthday. When I walk up to the register the cashier looks at me in disgust.)

Cashier: “Can I help you?”

Me: “Yes, I’d like to purchase these.”

Cashier: “Yeah, I can’t sell you those; they’re for little girls.”

Me: “Well, that’s why I’m buying them. I was just—”

Cashier: “Look man; just get out and save face while you can. You’ve already embarrassed yourself enough today.”

Me: *quite agitated now* “This is ridiculous. Can I speak to the owner?”

Cashier: “I am the owner. Just get out of my store.”

(At this point the owner speaks up. He was behind a shelf watching the whole transaction and knew what was going on.)

Owner: “Actually, I’m the owner. [Cashier], go ahead and wait for me in my office.”

(The cashier stomps into the back room.)

Owner: “Sorry about that. He’s pretended to be the owner before; I was trying to catch him in the act so I had something to go off of.”

Me: “I’m glad I could help!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!