Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Won’t Be In Receipt Of Those Details

, , , , | Working | February 28, 2020

I’m buying a Chromebook which is required for my daughter’s school. After getting the runaround with a few other stores not getting stock in when they promised or trying to upsell me to a laptop I don’t need or want, I just want a computer.

I find a model that suits and I’m in the process of pretty much draining my bank account to pay for the device.

After declining an accidental damage policy that doesn’t cover screen damage, the sales associate starts asking for details like my name, address, email address, etc.

Before he gets too far, I stop him and say that I’m not going to give any of those details.

He states that it’s store policy to get such details, and I tell him that they cannot demand such information due to national privacy regulations.

He says okay and finalises the sale.

As I’m collecting the boxed computer from another counter, the manager, again, tries to ask for personal details. I rather shortly tell him what he can do with his marketing database.

He says, “Okay, but without your details you need to ensure that the receipt is kept safe as it’s the only proof of purchase.”

“Oh,” I respond. “So, it’s like a receipt, then? Like a receipt that I get from every other store?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!