Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

There Is Only One Highway, And Only One Parking Lot

, , , | Right | November 29, 2019

(I am working at an information desk in a large shopping center when I answer a call from a customer.)

Me: “Hello. Welcome to [Shopping Center]. This is [My Name] speaking. How may I help you?ā€

Customer: “Hi. I need directions to [Store].”

Me: “Okay, may I ask where you are so I can direct you there?”

Customer: “I’m in my car.”

Me: “All right, which car park are you in?”

Customer: “I’m not parked, Iā€™m driving. I want directions to [Store]. Just tell me where to go.”

Me: “Okay, it is located on the upper level near [Store #2].”

Customer: “I don’t want to know where it is located. I want directions. Are you an idiot?”

Me: “Ma’am, there are many entrances to this shopping center. I cannot give you directions from where you are because you are currently driving, I do not know where you are, and I do not know which entrance you will be entering from. The directions will be different depending on where in the shopping center you are.”

Customer: “JUST GIVE ME THE D*** DIRECTIONS FROM WHERE I AM!”

Me: “Fine, if you park in [Car Park], you can walk through the bus interchange, go up the stairs, and walk straight through to the shopping center; [Store] will be on your left.”

Customer: “Was it that difficult?”

Me: “Yes.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!