Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Grocery Fairies Are At It Again

, , , , , , | Right | January 12, 2024

I am chatting with one of my regular customers, and I notice her buying an item that contains something she has mentioned in the past that she’s allergic to.

Customer: “Oh, these aren’t for me. Our neighbor’s husband left her for some younger thing, and she’s worried about not having an income for the first time. We’re all taking turns leaving her groceries at her front door.”

Me: “Wow! That’s amazing. Why are you leaving them at the door, though?”

Customer: “She would never accept them if we gave them to her directly, but by leaving them on her front porch, she has no choice! Over the years, we’ve figured out the kinds of food she likes to make at the neighborhood potlucks, and we’re taking turns buying the ingredients for those dishes.”

Me: “Well then, let me add my staff discount to the order, so I’ve contributed, too!”

My customer accepts, and she leaves with her purchases. She is back the next week.

Me: “All for you this time, or are we still helping the neighbor?”

Customer: “She went around the whole street asking us all to kindly stop with the groceries! She said her pantry is bursting and she can’t fit any more! Haha!”

Me: “I’m so happy to hear that.”

Customer: “Oh, it gets better. Because she made so much food, she made lots of snacks for a gathering after church. One of the ladies at church has her own restaurant and asked if she could make them for her menu. She just solved the ‘no income’ problem!”

This was a long time ago now, but I think about this interaction at work often, as it’s still the best one I’ve ever had!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!