Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The “Before And After” On This Client Is A Sad Picture

, , , , | Right | January 29, 2024

In early November:

Client: “Can we create a ‘before and after’ gallery for our services?”

Me: “Yeah, of course. I can create whatever you’d like. This work will be outside of your monthly retainer, so it will be chargeable, but it’ll be discounted! Just let me know specifically how many galleries you need for services and pages and roughly how many images per gallery, and I’ll get back to you with a quote.”

Client: “Okay, I’ll get back to you. Thanks!”

In early December:

Client: “Hi. Just checking in to see how you’re getting on with all the galleries. Thanks.”

Me: “I’m not. We’ve not spoken since the last time you said you’d get back to me with the details I would need to quote — which was over a month ago — so the work was never booked.”

Client: “Okay, thanks for the clarification. I’ll get back to you.”

In mid-December:

Client: “Hi. We need to arrange a meeting regarding incomplete work so we can resolve this issue ASAP. Thanks.”

Me: “There’s no outstanding work. Do you mean the gallery idea? It was never quoted for or booked as you didn’t provide any further information.”

Client: “Oh, okay. I’ll get back to you this afternoon with all of the images and galleries we need. Thanks.”

In late December, immediately after I send out a reminder of my upcoming unavailability around the festive season:

Client: “Can you send me my login details again? I couldn’t work out how to log in to WordPress! Also how easy is it to make a gallery?”

Me: “For me? Well, it would probably take—”

Client: “No, I mean for me to do it. Can you show me how?”

Client FIRED.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!