Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Arrow Of Justice

, , , , , | Legal | December 19, 2019

(I am driving down the street. We have the arrow and the green to go since oncoming traffic has no one in the left turning lane. I’m halfway through the intersection when someone in an SUV comes barreling down, making the turn real quickly, and hits me, f****** up the door and smashing the window. I end up on the curb before I come to a complete stop. I get out of the car and call 911. People come to my aid to make sure I am okay and they also call 911 to give their statements as they can’t stay long. The other driver starts screaming.)

Woman: “I HAD THE ARROW! WHAT THE F*** IS WRONG WITH YOU?!”

Me: “No, you didn’t.”

Woman: “YES, I DID! ONCOMING TRAFFIC HAD IT! THAT MEANS I DID, TOO!”

Good Samaritan: “Ma’am, you did not have the arrow; I would know as I was right behind this young man and we had the green light.”

(After a few minutes, he and his friends leave and the cops show up. Someone else who stayed behind tells her she didn’t have the arrow, either, as he was right behind her. The officer comes up to me and asks me a few questions, and he pretty much sums it up: she was at fault. She starts fuming.)

Woman: “HOW IS IT MY FAULT?! HE’S THE IDIOT WHO WOULDN’T WAIT FOR ME TO TURN!”

Officer: “Ma’am, lower your voice. After witness statements, I know that you did not have the arrow and he was already in the intersection.”

Woman: “WHO CARES?! I WAS GOING TO MAKE A LEFT-HAND TURN; THAT MEANS HE HAS TO STOP AND WAIT FOR ME!”

Officer: “Again, ma’am, lower your voice, and no, he doesn’t. He had the green, and he had to keep moving; otherwise, he would’ve stalled traffic. Now, you must report to traffic court on the day listed on the ticket I’m issuing you.”

Woman: “I HAVE TO BE BACK IN CANADA BEFORE THEN! I CAN’T AFFORD TO MAKE THE TRIP BACK!”

(The officer starts rolling his eyes at this point.)

Officer: “Ma’am, if you are here visiting from another country, then I’m not only going to need to see your driver’s license, but your passport, as well.”

Woman: “NO! I REFUSE!”

Officer: “Ma’am, if you refuse and don’t let me finish my report so we can all be on our way, I will arrest you.”

(She finally gave up both her license and passport. She was told if she didn’t report back to the US for the court there would be a warrant out for her arrest and she would get extradited. I’m not sure if what he said was true but I think he was having a bad day. He finally sent me on my way but kept her a few more minutes. I don’t know what happened afterward, but since she was at fault, her insurance covered most of the damage done to the car. I haven’t heard anything about it since.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!