Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Thanks For The Wisdom, Dad

, , , , | Related | April 6, 2020

Due to cavities setting in on my wisdom teeth, I’ve made the decision that it’s better to have them removed now. I’m somewhat nervous, as I both dislike dental work and have never had any surgery before. I’ve called my parents to let them know what’s happening.

Dad: “So, what are you doing for the anesthetic?”

The options I have to choose from are being put completely under, nitrous gas, and a local anesthetic. The latter two can be combined.

Me: “Not really sure yet. I’m living alone so I don’t want them putting me under, just to be on the safe side.”

Dad: “How are you with the gas? Does it numb you properly?”

Me: “It’s been a while since I had my cavities filled, and all I had back then was the local.”

Dad: “Just be careful. When I had my wisdom teeth removed, the gas didn’t actually do anything except make me not care. I could feel all the pain while they were operating, but I was so out of it I just thought, ‘Wow, that hurts a lot.’”

Needless to say, I took both the local and the gas. Thanks for helping with my nerves, Dad.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!