Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Taxing Faxing, Part 38

, , , , | Right | July 3, 2023

I worked in a call center that specialized in short-term and long-term disability insurance. Claimants must have all their paperwork in for the claim to be processed. I got a call one day from a claimant following up on the status of her claim.

Me: “I see your claim manager tried to call you today. We received the paperwork. However, the fax came in blurry and is not readable. Can you re-fax it.”

Caller: “No. Why was the fax blurry?”

Me: “I’m not sure ma’am. I really can’t tell. Can you resend it? You can mail it in or upload it on the portal if you are unable to fax it again.”

Caller: “No. Why was it blurry?”

For the next several minutes I explained to her that I was not able to determine why the fax was blurry. It could have been an issue with either fax machine. Still, she wanted to know why it was blurry and went on a tirade of how her claim was being held up.

Me: “I’m sorry ma’am without this paperwork we can’t process your claim. The only options are to mail it, upload it on the portal, or re-fax it. There is nothing more I can do.”

Caller: “Okay, can you help me fax it!?”

I am thinking she didn’t know how to fax it I offered her instructions on how to fax.

Caller: “No. I don’t want instructions; I want you to come here and fax it for me.”

Me: “Ma’am this is a call center. We are unable to travel to customers. You live in Texas and I am in Tennessee.”

Caller: “Well you are no help!” *Click.*

Related:
Taxing Faxing, Part 37
Taxing Faxing, Part 36
Taxing Faxing, Part 35
Taxing Faxing, Part 34
Taxing Faxing, Part 33

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!