Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Taxing Faxing, Part 10

, , , , , | Right | August 17, 2012

(I work at a hotel, which often requires that paperwork be sent to us to verify credit cards and the like. On this particular occasion, I am working with a customer whose assistant is out of town and she clearly has no idea what she is doing. Having sent me the wrong paperwork, I call her back.)

Me: “Ma’am? It appears that we have received the wrong paperwork, so if you could just fax the correct one we will be able to get everything set up for you.”

Customer: “Okay, but can you just fax that back to me, then?”

Me: “What?”

Customer: “Those papers! If they’re wrong, I need them back. Send them back to me!”

Me: “Uh… ma’am, that might be a bit redundant, but I’d be more than happy to destroy the copy—”

Customer: “ARE YOU STUPID? DON’T DESTROY THEM! THAT’S THE ONLY COPY I HAVE! JUST FAX THEM BACK!”

(It dawns on me that this customer thinks that her fax machine actually manages to somehow transport the entire paper through her machine to mine.)

Me: “Ma’am, the fax machine sends me a copy of the documents. If you check your fax machine, you will clearly see the paperwork still laying there. It doesn’t take your original.”

(I hear a frustrated sigh as she slams the phone, and then muttering and shuffling as she goes through her office. After a minute, she comes back to her phone.)

Customer: “…sorry.” *hangs up quickly*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!