Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Taking The Raise Out Of Praise

, , , | Working | June 19, 2012

(I am an assistant manager at a gas station, where I have worked for over a year. My manager has just finished my six-month review for my promotion. I find out the next day that she scored me incredibly low in several areas, so I ask her why.)

Me: “You’re always telling me what a great worker I am. Why is my review so low?”

Manager: “Oh. Well, I was mad at you for not getting the delivery order finished yesterday.”

Me: “I was scheduled by myself the entire shift, so there was no time to get it in. And one bad day shouldn’t affect my entire review.”

Manager: “Yeah, you’re actually a good worker. I was just mad when I filled out the review!”

Me: “Well, can you change it before you send it in?”

Manager: “Sorry, I faxed it off right after I finished it. I knew I shouldn’t have scored you so low, but I was just mad! Don’t worry, there will be another one in six months!”

Me: “What happens to me because of this review?”

Manager: “Oh, you just don’t get a raise this time. But don’t worry, I’m not mad at you anymore. You really are a great employee!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!