Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Something Smells Scammy

, , , , | Working | April 10, 2024

Last year, when my auto policy renewed, the overall number looked the same, but for some reason, the monthly payments were doubled. I thought that was weird and looked at the details of the policy, and I realized that the overall number was only for six months, not a year. I looked into my online account and found that they had added my older daughter, who lives several states away.

I couldn’t change anything online without proof that she didn’t live with me, so I called customer service and finally got an agent.

I explained that my daughter was an adult child living in a completely different area, and I didn’t ask for her to be added to the account. The guy was able to pull her off easily enough. When I pushed about how she got added in the first place, he muttered an explanation of how the underwriters could add on anyone they thought was in the house and a driver of the cars without authorization needed.

They didn’t try it again at the next renewal, but the fact that they tried to hide it by doing a six-month policy instead of one year so the numbers evened out made me think they knew darn well it wasn’t on the up and up. I stayed with them since the cost for auto and house is still much lower than everywhere else quoted, but I make sure to review all the papers.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!