Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Small Appliances, Big Defiances

, , , | Right | November 29, 2010

Me: “Hello, Men’s Department. How may I help you today?”

Caller: “Men’s? I wanted Small Appliances!”

Me: “Well, my phone is actually the closest to that department. We don’t have a phone or cash register in that section since it is small. So. I handle that department, too.”

Caller: “I want the Small Appliances Department!”

Me: “Sir, there is no phone for that department and I can easily help you with any questions you have.”

(He hangs up and immediately calls back.)

Me: “Hello, Men’s. How may I help you today?”

Same Caller: “Great, it’s you again. Well, fine… Tell how much [a blender] is.”

Me: “Well, since you don’t know the product code I will need to walk over to check the price myself. It will only take a few minutes.”

Caller: “That’s bull-s***!”

(He hangs up and immediately calls back. We run through the same thing again.)

Caller: “What is your name, you dumb b****?” I am going to call your manager and make sure you are fired, you dumb-a**!” *click*

(For this last call, my manager is here.)

Manager: “I know he won’t call, but I wish I could tell him that you are getting a raise and promotion because of him.”


This story is part of the Impatient Customers roundup!

Read the next Impatient Customers roundup story!

Read the Impatient Customers roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!