Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Rome Wasn’t Built In A Day… It Took A Whole Weekend!

, , , , | Right | March 7, 2024

It is Thursday night, and a customer approaches me at a sales desk.

Customer: “Hi. I was looking at your [Brand] range of kitchens, and I think I know which one I want.”

Me: “That’s great, ma’am! Let’s go over what you need and—”

Customer: “I need the old kitchen ripped out and yours put in. I need the center island with your marble countertop, but I want the sink and plumbing put in as my current island doesn’t have that. I want that nice big double fridge, and the built-in ovens, and—”

Me: “Ma’am, I am sorry to interrupt, but I need to take the time to write this all down. We’ll also need to send someone out to do measurements before we can—”

Customer: “Oh, they can do all the measuring when they come to install. They can follow me home; I’m parked right outside.”

Me: “Ma’am, I don’t have anyone free to come and take measurements, and only measurements, until Tuesday.”

Customer: “Well, that’s no good! I need the kitchen to be fully installed by Sunday!”

Me: “Ma’am, that is absolutely impossible. The marble you’ve asked for alone will take a few months to be cut and shipped from Italy.”

Customer: “But I saw it on HGTV, and they put the kitchen in over a weekend!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!