Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Put A Lid On It!

, , | Right | August 30, 2018

(My family and I are visiting an amusement park for the day. We got a deal where you’re allowed a free drink every fifteen minutes, with the scan of a wristband you have to pick up at a participating food kiosk. We are in line to do just that; the older woman in front of us has ordered a soda after basically interrogating the cashier over it. It’s good to note that I’m 18, but look rather young for my age.)

Dad: *showing cashier his phone* “I got the drink deals online—”

Woman: *after pouring her own drink* “There’s no lids? Where are the lids?!”

Mom: “I don’t think there are any.”

Woman: “How am I supposed to carry this around without a lid?”

Mom: “None of the drinks come with one.”

Woman: *loudly enough for cashier to hear*She didn’t tell me that!”

Me: “It’s to reduce waste.”

Woman: “What?”

Me: “There’s no lids or straws to reduce waste. For the environment?”

Woman: “Well, that’s stupid!

Me: “It really isn’t.”

(My whole family ignored her and she walked off in a huff. I hope she thought about her morals after thinking a kid told her off. And people think millennials are terrible.)


Did you find this story on our World Environment Day roundup?

Click here to go to the next story!

Click here to go back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!